Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 111 mal aufgerufen
 bCA- Ausfahrten und Treffen.
jokergreen0220 Offline

22.08.2019 10:59
MINNEAPOLIS -- As he dived through the clubhouse on a makeshift slip-and-slide drenched with beer and champagne, a euphoric Nick Zitat · Antworten

MINNEAPOLIS -- As he dived through the clubhouse on a makeshift slip-and-slide drenched with beer and champagne, a euphoric Nick Swisher could only think about how far his Cleveland Indians had come, and how quickly they got there. Alvin Kamara Saints Jersey . They staggered into September on a five-game skid that had them all but finished in the AL playoff picture and entered the final two weeks of the season essentially needing to win every game to scratch their way into the post-season. And they did just that. Cleveland earned its first post-season berth since 2007, beating the Minnesota Twins 5-1 Sunday to clinch an AL wild card as Ubaldo Jimenez tied a career high with 13 strikeouts. Swisher homered in the first inning for the Indians, who became the first major league team to win its final 10 regular-season games since the 1971 Baltimore Orioles finished with 11 straight victories, according to STATS. "The way weve been playing as of late, talk about starting pitching, talk about clutch hitting from our guys," a goggled Swisher hollered amid the celebration. "Im telling you, were bringing that wild card game back to the 216 and that place is going to be packed out and rockin, baby!" Cleveland will host Tampa Bay or Texas, who will play a tiebreaker on Monday, in the one-game AL wild-card playoff on Wednesday night. Jimenez (13-9) gave up one run and five hits in 6 2-3 innings for the Indians, the first team to sweep seven four-game series in one regular season since the 1943 St. Louis Cardinals. After the final out, Cleveland players mobbed each other on the diamond in a jubilant celebration. "Im so crazy about this group of guys," first-year manager Terry Francona said. "From ownership to baseball ops to the clubhouse guys, to be able to stand here and say the Indians are going to the playoffs, Im so proud of everybody." Scott Diamond (6-13) gave up four runs -- two earned -- and seven hits for the Twins (66-96). Carlos Santana and Yan Gomes also drove in runs for the Indians, who entered with a one-game lead over Tampa Bay and Texas. If the Indians had lost Sunday and the Rays and Rangers won, two days of tiebreaker games would have been needed to determine the wild cards. Jimenez and the Indians wanted no part of that. After giving up a leadoff single to Alex Presley in the first, the right-hander retired 17 straight. He was on a run of five strikeouts in a row when he walked Presley with two outs in the sixth and gave up a single to Brian Dozier. But Jimenez threw a called third strike past Trevor Plouffe to end the threat. Jimenez went 4-0 with a 1.09 ERA and 51 strikeouts in six September starts. "Its really good," Jimenez said. "Were going to start that game knowing we have played really good lately. Were going to be bringing everything we have, especially (because) its only a one-game playoff. Anything can happen. Definitely we have a lot of confidence right now. Hopefully we get that game." Swishers two-run homer landed just over the flower bed in left field in the first inning and the Indians tacked on two more in the sixth thanks in part to throwing errors by shortstop Pedro Florimon and Diamond. Cleveland lost at least 93 games in three of the previous four seasons. But the Indians increased their wins total by 24 games this year behind a strong pitching staff and Francona, a rejuvenated manager who has found a home in Cleveland after a messy end to his tenure in Boston in 2011. Their 21-6 record in September is the best in the majors, and they feasted on a soft schedule. The Indians won 15 of their last 17 games, beating up on the White Sox, Royals, Astros and Twins, but theyre not apologizing. "We needed every one of them," general manager Chris Antonetti said. "We never set any limits on what we can do as a team. Its been really fulfilling to see how weve come together and its a testament to this group of guys and the way theyve continually picked each other up. Its a really resilient group that had some tough stretches but always rebounded. Its been fun to see." And its not over yet. "I just hope we get to keep playing," Francona said. "We dont want to go home." NOTES: The Twins offence reached double digits in strikeouts for a game for the 66th time this season. The previous franchise high for a season was 26. ... Indians 2B Jason Kipnis stole his 30th base of the season in the seventh inning, his second straight season to reach that plateau. Taysom Hill Womens Jersey . - After sewage backups, toilet overflows and foul smells surfaced the past two years, nothing at the Oakland Coliseum surprises the home team anymore. Michael Thomas Jersey . Week 2s biggest games include Florida facing Miami and Notre Dame travelling to the Big House to conclude their rivalry against Michigan in primetime on TSN2 and TSN 1050. http://www.shoptheofficialsaints.com/Elite-Thomas-Morstead-Saints-Jersey/ . - The RBC Canadian Open will return to Glen Abbey Golf Club next year, marking the 27th time that the national open championship will be played at the Oakville, Ont.Jim Furyk isnt really concerned with the fact that his last bogey came on the fourth hole on Thursday. He isnt even concerned that since that time, hes rattled off 16 birdies. Or by the fact that hes one-putt 24 times. He isnt awed by his prowess at hitting fairways, where hes tied for third with a percentage just below 80, or greens, where he leads the field after finding 45 of 54. All he cares about is that hes leading. "Its really not important," said the 44-year-old of his bogey-free run. "I know its something that the media outside wanted to talk about. What is important is Im 15-under and if that was with 25 birdies and 10 bogeys or 16 birdies and one bogey, its really not that important. I would take another 65 tomorrow with as many bogeys as can be on the card." Furyk is a guy who truly amazes me. Not because of his wonky swing that was once described by David Feherty as looking like an octopus falling out of a tree. That swing is so bullet-proof to me. It just works over and over. Rather, he amazes me with his smarts, his insight, his attention to detail. Its as unique as his swing. Last week, after he finished up at Royal Liverpool, I asked him what he remembered about Royal Montreal. He told me old-school golf course with modern greens and then went into a little more detail about the Dick Wilson design that was re-modeled by Rees Jones before the 2007 Presidents Cup. I cant remember what I had for breakfast and he gave me a pretty good synopsis of a course he hadnt seen in seven years. That, to me, is Jim Furyk. Hes a guy who listens to your question, thinks about a response and then gives you something great. Almost every time. He doesnt really have a cliché in his body, I suspect. I remember after he stumbled down the stretch at the U.S. Open at the Olympic Club two years ago. The tournament was his to win until he messed up the 16th holes. He took full responsibility - in fact, his exact quote was: "I have no one to blame but myself." You dont hear that too often out here. Its usually about the wind gusting a shot or a bump in the greens throwing a putt off line or a camera or a noisyy butterfly landing a hole away. Erik McCoy Youth Jersey. I digress. Today, Furyk goes to the first tee in control of the tournament. He leads by three and you know he already has a game plan formulated for Royal Montreal. He told us hes going to check the weather out tonight. Not just the rain and storms expected but also the wind. Yup, the wind direction, which will affect his game plan. And hell take a load of experience too. No one in the field has been in the position hes in more than him. Sometimes he wins, more often hes lost - thats just the nature of golf. Hes had a share of the lead heading to the final round 25 times in his career and hes won 10 times. "You know, I think its always nice to have experience in rounds," he said. "Whether Ive played well, whether youve won or ended up not winning the golf tournament, you draw from both experiences. The guys out here have played so well for three days already, everyone is capable." Perhaps the only question mark on his docket is the fact he hasnt won since 2010. Hes had a number of chances - including a couple of runner-up finishes this year - but never closed things out. "Sometimes I just got outplayed," he said. "Case in point would be Jason Dufner at the PGA last year. Other times I felt like I got in my own way and that would be Akron and Keegan Bradley and not closing it out when I had the opportunity." Sunday Furyk can join some select company if he does win. Just three players have three wins in the Open, but its a pretty good lineup: Tommy Armour, Sam Snead and Lee Trevino. Only one has more, that would be Leo Diegel with four. Hes also be the third oldest golfer to win the national championship behind Mark Calcavecchia and Bob Tway. Right now, based on his play through the first three rounds, it would be hard to imagine Furyk losing, but as he knows only too well, funny stuff happens in golf. Theres no sure thing, no guarantees. The only thing certain is that Furyk will step up to the first tee, and set out towards what he hopes will be 17th PGA Tour victory. Not bad for a guy with a swing that wont be in any text book. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz