Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 104 mal aufgerufen
 bCA- Ausfahrten und Treffen.
jokergreen0220 Offline

24.07.2019 10:34
CHICAGO -- Donnie Murphy has thrived in late-game situations over the last month. [url=http://www.thedallasstarshockey.com/tyler Zitat · Antworten

CHICAGO -- Donnie Murphy has thrived in late-game situations over the last month. Tyler Seguin Jersey . Murphy capped a four-run seventh inning with a two-run homer as the Chicago Cubs rallied for a 9-7 victory over the Miami Marlins on Wednesday. Since joining the Cubs in early August, Murphy is hitting nearly .400 from the seventh inning on and Wednesdays home run was his sixth in the seventh inning or later. "Ive come through in those situations before and for some reason Im comfortable in em," he said. "I just like the situation. I like the game on the line. Its not pressure on me. Someone else has to throw the pitch over the plate. Its pressure on them sometimes and I just like the situation." Murphy has been one of the few bright spots for the Cubs in an otherwise dismal second half. Since being called up from the minors in early August, hes been one of the teams best hitters and certainly the best clutch hitter. Not bad for a guy who essentially was on baseballs scrapheap this season after bouncing around for much of his career since making his major league debut in 2004. "Throughout the rest of his major league career, hes been hurt and on the (disabled list) and never really got a chance," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said of Murphy. "Hes obviously getting a chance here and is making the most of it." The Cubs certainly made the most of some shaky pitching by the Marlins. Rookie left-hander Brian Flynn lasted just four-plus inning in his debut, giving up three runs on six hits. The bullpen was worse and couldnt protect 6-3 and 7-4 leads. "Theyve been pretty consistent for us all year, but today wasnt one of our better days," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said of his bullpen. The Cubs pounded out four home runs, with Sterlin Castro, Dioner Navarro and Ryan Sweeney adding solo blasts. The Marlins went deep twice. On the strength of a grand slam by Adeiny Hechavarria and a two-run shot by Logan Morrison, they led 7-4 when reliever A.J. Ramos entered the game in the seventh and walked the first two batters he faced, Darwin Barney and Anthony Rizzo. After a passed ball advanced the runners, Navarro hit a dribbler off the end of the bat down the left-field line for a single that scored both runners and made it 7-6. That was all for Ramos as Ryan Webb came on. He didnt fare any better as Murphy, who played with the Marlins last season, hit the first pitch from Webb (2-6) into the left-field bleachers. "I know that guys a sinker ball guy," Murphy said of Webb. "I was looking for a sinker, he gave it to me and I put a pretty good swing on it." The Cubs added an insurance run in the eighth on Castros double. Carlos Villanueva (4-8) got the win. Kevin Gregg, despite walking the potential tying runs on base, worked out of a jam for his 29th save in 34 chances. But, of course, the star of the game was Murphy, who was considered nothing more than a placeholder for the remainder of the season when he arrived but now has to be considered for the future even though hes no youngster at 30. "I dont want to get too far ahead of myself and starting thinking about it a little too much and maybe its affecting my play on the field," he said of next season. "I dont want to do that, but at the same time, its at that part in September when it does start to get in the back of your mind a little bit more." NOTES: Before the game, the Cubs claimed RHP Daniel Bard off waivers from the Boston Red Sox and selected the contract of RHP Chang-Yong Lim from Triple-A Iowa. Bard, 28, was first-round pick (No. 28 overall) of the Red Sox in 2006 and was one of organizations most highly-regarded prospects at one point. To make room on the 40-man roster, the Cubs designated outfielder Cole Gillespie, who originally was in the lineup Wednesday, and RHP Michael Bowden for assignment. ... Rob Brantly, the Marlins opening-day catcher before being sent to the minors, is back with the expanded roster and eager for a second chance. "The biggest problem I had at the beginning of the season was I was trying to do too much," he said. ... Both teams are off on Thursday. The Cubs host the Brewers on with LHP Chris Rusin (2-3) taking on RHP Kyle Lohse (9-8), while the Marlins open a home series against the Nationals with RHP Jose Fernandez (10-6) facing a pitcher to be announced by Washington. Gump Worsley Jersey . The Raptors had an early deadline Sunday, a dreaded afternoon game, and they left the bulk of their work until the last minute, as theyve done so many times before. Brett Hull Jersey . - Benched Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman said he has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and voluntarily entered the NFL substance abuse program more than a year ago after mistakenly taking a medication to treat the condition. http://www.thedallasstarshockey.com/mattias-janmark-hockey-jersey/ .J. - Several people have collapsed in an overcrowded New Jersey train station while waiting in long lines to get to the Super Bowl.ROME -- Real Madrid castoff Jose Maria Callejon scored in the first half and Belgium international Dries Mertens added a late goal as Napoli handed Serie A leader Juventus only its second loss of the season with a 2-0 victory Sunday. Still, Juventus has an 11-point lead over second-place Roma and is 17 points ahead of Napoli with seven rounds remaining. In the 37th minute at the San Paolo stadium, Callejon beat Juve midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah to redirect a cross from Lorenzo Insigne from the edge of the box for his 12th goal since transferring from Madrid in the off-season. Mertens sealed the result after collecting a long pass from Goran Pandev in the 81st and muscling off Claudio Marchisio before beating goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon with a long bouncing shot. Napoli is still hoping to edge Roma for second place and gain the last direct Champions League berth. "This is a very important win, because it keeps us close to Roma," Insigne said. "Were going to fight until the end." Juventus, which was without suspended Serie A scoring leader Carlos Tevez, struggled to create chances. The Turin powers only other loss was a 4-2 defeat at Fiorentina in October. Earlier, Mattia Destros early goal was key and Roma was fortunate when a penalty kick for relegation-threatened Sassuolo was waved off in a 2-0 win. Roma faces Parma on Wednesday in the resumption of a match from February that was stopped after eight minutes due to a waterlogged pitch. "No other squads will be playing," Roma coach Rudi Garcia said. "Weve got to take advantage of that." Elsewhere Sunday, fourth-place Fiorentina was held to a 0-0 draw at Sampdoria. Fiorentina winger Juan Vargas banged a free kick off the corner of the goal frame in the 78th and Sampdoria coach Sinisa Mihajlovic was sent off for protesting in the final minutes, grabbing an officials arm as he walked off the pitch. Parma remained one point behind Inter Milan in the race for fifth and the final Europa League berth after a 3-2 loss at Lazio. Antonio Candreva scored the winner for Lazio in added time of a match marked by poor defending on both sides. Jaromir Jagr Stars Jersey. After Lazios Senad Lulic and Parmas Jonathan Biabiany traded goals in the first half, Miroslav Klose restored Lazios lead in the 67th and then Lazio goalkeeper Federico Marchetti let the ball trickle in between his legs in the 81st for an own goal. Luca Toni scored twice after Marco Donadels opener in Hellas Veronas 3-0 win over Genoa and Alessio Cerci set up one goal for Omar El Kaddouri and scored another in Torinos 2-1 win over Cagliari. In Naples, only Buffon kept the hosts from scoring early on. Buffon stopped a close-range attempt from Callejon seven minutes in, Hamsik had a goal annulled for offside seconds later and Buffon tipped an attempt from Hamsik over the bar in the 10th. Buffon also blocked a powerful effort from Callejon in the 29th then stopped a dangerous free kick from Algeria fullback Faouzi Ghoulam in the 58th. Napoli was helped by vocal crowd support. "As always, the fans gave us a big hand," Insigne said. In Reggio Emilia, Destro had an easy time finding the target from the centre of the area in the 16th after getting set up by Belgium midfielder Radja Nainggolan, who stripped the ball from a defender just outside the area. Competing for a spot on Italys World Cup squad, it was the fourth consecutive match in which Destro scored, and it was his 10th goal since beginning his injury-delayed season in December. Sassuolo thought it had a chance to equalize in the 35th when referee Nicola Rizzoli -- Italys World Cup representative -- appeared to change his mind several times before denying the hosts a penalty for minor contact between Roma defender Mehdi Benatia and Nicola Sansone. Roma substitute Michel Bastos sealed the victory with a goal six minutes into added time after getting set up by Romas 37-year-old captain Francesco Totti, who replaced Destro in the 79th. Playing its first season in the top division, Sassuolo remained one point above last-place Catania, which visits Udinese on Monday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz